Jordan is a current world champion having competed in the Special Olympics in Los Angeles last summer. He arrived at Oak Grove College in 2010 as a shy nervous boy with very little speech. It did not take long to realise that he was a talented sports man. He learnt to swim and went to his first SWB swim gala where he won a medal. The look of achievement on his face was amazing. His confidence grew and he was keen to get involved in other SWB events. At the Indoor Athletics his talent was discovered as he excelled at jumping recording the longest jump of the day. This was the start of his athletics career; he was invited to join the Special Olympics squad in Worthing where he trained incredibly hard. He now travels over the country to compete at regional and national level.
- Gained National standards in Long jump, High jump 1500m 800m 400m
- Won gold medals in all these at National competitions.
- Been invited to the Sainsbury’s talent ID program 2013
- Been invited to the Parallel Success Academy 2014
- Competed in the Special Olympics World Games Los Angeles 2015
- Is the current world High Jump Champion 2015
- Is the current U20 Long Jump champion 2015
- Received a Silver medal in Long Jump at the Sainsbury’s School Games 2015
- Holds the Sussex Sports Man of the year award
He presently is aiming for a world ranking in Long Jump.
He is a most modest and determined young man who has done incredibly well. Thank goodness he had the competitive opportunities provided by SWB as this helped this young man on a fantastic sporting journey … which hopefully will result in him one day representing TEAM GB at the Paralympics.